Re: [Question #701699]: cylindrical particles packing

thanks for more info

>> can we create the real disk shape particles in YADE?
> my real disk means: flat top and bottom side cylinder, I think it will like a coin with a small thickness like that

It is currently not possible to use proper cylinders.
You can approximate it by polyhedrons or clumped particles or potential particles/blocks.
You can implement the functionality.
Depends on your needs, resources, ...

>> 3) simply call the same "line" multiple times (of course with appropriate arguments, like different coordinates).
> Yes, we can rewrite the new cylinder creation line to get new cylinder particle, however, what if I want 10000 cylinder particle in my test? It's obvious that the only cylinder code line is not enough.

Actually "the only cylinder code line" can well be enough "if you want 10000 cylinder particle in your test".
Rewriting the line is one option.
Using programming concepts like loops [7,8] is another options.

> What do you mean for the "2D make cloud"?

Using the approach SpherePack -> cylinders, but using 2D make cloud,
i.e. making one dimension of the makeCloud zero, therefore all the
centers are in one plane inside the defined rectangle.

Cheers
Jan

[7] https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/controlflow.html
[8] https://yade-dem.org/doc/tutorial-hands-on.html#python-basics