Re: [Question #701699]: cylindrical particles packing

enki posted a new comment:
Thanks Jan,

I think I have already understand the cylinder code line parameters.

1) abundant cylinder particles

what does "abundant" mean in this context?

>> I want create a mass of random cylindrical particles like what pack
step do.

2) can we create the real disk shape particles in YADE?

What does "real disk" exactly mean?
Zero thickness "2D" "filled circle", like zero-thickness coin?

>> my real disk means: flat top and bottom side cylinder, I think it
will like a coin with a small thickness like that

3) simply call the same "line" multiple times (of course with
appropriate arguments, like different coordinates).

>> Yes, we can rewrite the new cylinder creation line to get new
cylinder particle, however, what if I want 10000 cylinder particle in my
test? It's obvious that the only cylinder code line is not enough.

4) Depending on actual needs:
- using 2D make cloud
- gravity deposition
- 3D cloud/packing + crop