Re: [Question #701702]: How to move the facetBox side

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

> I try to use TranslationEngine, but it did not work in my case...

please provide the specific code.
This statement as is has no value for us and actually can be confusing.

> how to move the facetBox side?

Please be more specific and define "move".
Shift it instantly and let it fixed in new position?
Make it move with certain velocity? With changing velocity? ... ?
... ?

> Additionally, can I assign the specific side in facetBox as periodic
boundary?

Yes.
Delete the sides which you want to be periodic.
Set the periodic cell size such that it is periodic in your desired direction and the other two directions are enlarged enough such that the periodicity in these two directions does not influence the simulation.
Similar concept is illustrated in [1], where the vertical direction is enlarged such that it is not in fact periodic.

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-
dev/trunk/-/blob/master/examples/PeriodicBoundaries/periodicSandPile.py