Re: [Question #702176]: Saving/Loading

Nabil YOUNES posted a new comment:
Hello again,

I don't know how to add an attachment, but I will try to explain the
obtained results using the coupling that I have already written in the
previous answer. All I want to verify is that the coupling is working.
Therefore, I will suppose that all capillary forces will be equal to 0
(as if I am studying a dry sample) and I will compare this simulation
with a normal YADE simulation without calling it from a C++ code.

I have tested the coupling for 300000 iterations for YADE, it means that
the C++ code will open YADE and run it for 300000 iterations. After
these iterations, YADE will exit, C++ will take control again and then
launch YADE for another 300000 iterations.

>From 0 to 300000 iterations, the volumetric strain is increasing (in
absolute value, I am making a triaxial test). The volumetric strain at
iteration number 300000 is -0.000124, the sigma_zz = -103356.446315, and
void ratio is = 0.747134.

Next, YADE exits, and then will be opened via C++, and then O.load() is
applied to load the particles and etc..  Therefore, YADE will start from
300001 iteration and finishes at iteration number 600001 to exit and
reopen again.

It is interesting to note that at iteration number 300001 (just after
re-opening YADE), the volumetric strain becomes -2E-06 (approx 0),
sigma_zz =-103362.362661, and void ratio is 0.747133.

So there is a continuity for stresses, but it seems not working for the
strains, and this is exactly what I was asking for. How to make the
strain continuous when reloading data?

Hope that this time is more clear, thank you so much in advance!
Nabil
..