[Question #702743]: Sensitivity testing: Results seem random

My Model: An object rotating in a pit of spheres.
Output: Torque on the object about the y-axis (vertical axis)

I can "calibrate" a DEM model to get results that fall in line with laboratory results (I used an MTS machine to rotate the object and get torque values). However, to calibrate my model (i.e., run many simulations while adjusting input parameters until my model results fall inline with laboratory results). My results are all over the place. One small change in an input parameter (e.g., E, density, etc), can create large changes in the output torque load path. And even when I "hit the jackpot", and get a load path close to laboratory results, when I try to do sensitivity testing (i.e., make small changes to one input parameter to see if my model is consistent).  My results, again, go all over the place. I don't see a place to post them, but I do have plots showing load paths relative to small changes to an input parameter I can email over.

Is this normal for DEM? It seems wrong and highly unscientific to have a model's output load path change so chaotically to small changes to an input parameter.

If a MWE is required, please let me know and I'll gladly create one.

As always, thanks for the help in advances,
Justin