Re: [Question #702751]: periodic boundary in the direction of the length of a rotating drum (cylinder )

Roxana Saghafian Larijani gave more information on the question:
Please find the MWE below:

from yade import ymport
from yade import pack
from yade import utils, plot,wrapper

fr = 0.38
rho = 2500
En = 0.7
Et = 0.7
poi=0.21
yoM=63e6

O.dt = 0.000005

r = 0.01        #0.002381

##definig material

mat=O.materials.append(
        ViscElCapMat(frictionAngle=fr, density=rho, poisson=poi, young= yoM,en=En, et=Et)
)

#defining the spheres

sp=pack.SpherePack()
sp.makeCloud((0.6,0.6,0.05),(1,1,0.15),rMean=r)
sp.toSimulation(material=mat)
Nprtcl=len(O.bodies)

Drum=geom.facetCylinder((0.8,0.8,0.1),radius=0.5,height=0.2,orientation=Quaternion(Vector3(0,0,1),(pi/2.0)), wallMask=4)
walls = O.bodies.append(Drum)
##periodic boundary

O.periodic = True
O.cell.setBox(5,5,0.2)
####
##engine
O.engines = [
        ForceResetter(),
        InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(),Bo1_Facet_Aabb(),Bo1_Wall_Aabb()],allowBiggerThanPeriod = True),
        InteractionLoop(
                [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Wall_Sphere_ScGeom()],
                [Ip2_ViscElCapMat_ViscElCapMat_ViscElCapPhys()],
                [Law2_ScGeom_ViscElCapPhys_Basic()],

        ),

        NewtonIntegrator(gravity=[0, -9.8, 0]),
        RotationEngine(ids=walls,rotationAxis=[0,0,1],rotateAroundZero=True,zeroPoint=[0.8,0.8,0.1],angularVelocity=1.68)

]

from yade import qt
qt.View()

O.run()

>What is the result with Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack?
I checked it and the problem does not get solved by changing to Cundall.

>But firstly I would guess the problem is due to the fact
"If I remember correctly, the large bodies are not "periodically copied", so the spheres from "next" cells do not interact with the wall."
discussed in [2], #4
I think this is the problem! Because it is like the particles pass through the drum wall and does not interact with it!

Regards,
Roxana Saghafian