Re: [Question #703066]: Install Yade from Source code

Manfred Hampl proposed the following answer:
"however, my Ubuntu version is 21.10, so what should I do ?"

Remarks from Ubuntu side (I cannot comment for Yade):

Ubuntu's support for 21.10 has already ended and the software repositories have been removed (see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases)
Consequently installing Ubuntu packages with apt now fails for Ubuntu 21.10

I assume that you will receive error messages for the apt command
(unless you already have all packages installed before).

Recommended solution:
upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04
Possible workaround (not recommended):
modify your package management configuration to use old-releases.ubuntu.com