Re: [Question #703104]: Changing the periodic cell for cylindrical samples

Nima Goudarzi posted a new comment:
Hi Jan
Thanks. I do understand the difficulty of C++ implementation and am more interested in a simpler python version. I have made some progress with an equivalent method where I am able to project the location, velocity, and force of the particles which are exiting one of the boundaries. Here, I still need periodic boundaries to allow for the exit/entry unless there is a method to avoid YADE periodic boundaries at all (no boundaries where particles themselves provide the stability or facet boundaries with occasional contact activation/deactivation--- just brainstorming). As you mentioned earlier, boundaries are the issue and I am trying to figure out when the rotation (position, velocity, force) should take place or even if I need to generate new particles exactly at my desired location with the velocities and forces of the exiting particles to provide a smooth granular flow. In the latter, I remove the particles which fully exit the boundary which causes a temporary stop of the run (why is that?).

I just wanted to have your thoughts on the approach I have taken to
mimic the periodicity.

Cheers,

Nima