Re: [Question #703446]: Feasibility of deep-sea mining simulation using Yade

I would say it is possible.

If it is feasible, it depends on maaaaany factors. Mainly definitions of:
- "deep-sea mining problems", expected results, model and simplification used, .....
- "feasible"
and other factors, like role of water, model spatial and time scale, ...
Also time and other resources available, if an existing material model can be used or a new one needs to be developed (from scratch or just implement)......
Really many many factors.

> 1.

Depends on definitions of:
- "realize"
- "the simulation"
- "seabed soil particles"

> 2.

Depends on definitions of:
- "the interaction"
- "the seabed mining car"

> so we need a module that can handle dynamics problem.

YADE is actually abbreviation of Yet Another DYNAMIC Engine

> Does Yade include a multi-body dynamics module

It depends on definition of "a multi-body dynamics module".
>From certain point of view, Yade itself can be viewed as "a multi-body dynamics module".

> to simulate the tracked motion of the mine car?

what is "the tracked motion"?

> can Yade be coupled with other dynamics software?

Yes (strongly depending on definition of "can").
Just now as it is? With little changes? With significant changes?

Basically it depends on the other software.
Yade uses Python interface, it is possible to couple Yade in the Python layer.
It is also possible to couple Yade in C++.

Cheers