Re: [Question #703656]: cannot compile with source code

> The Ubuntu system is 18.04.5 LTS

I recommend a newer version (22.04 LTS) if it is not a problem.
Even if the version is LTS, it is already 4.5 years old..

With Ubuntu 22.04, I would also **guess** that you would have less
problems with compiling current version from source, in case you want /
need it.

> I do not want to compile by myself

then do not compile by yourself :-)

> but the yade-openfoam coupling need that. As showed in ...
> If I do not need to follow the guidance in that file, what should I do?

no, it just says that it "requires MPI installation".
For reference and if needed, build commands are included, but it does not strictly require from source compilation.

As discussed above, MPI is included in "yade" and "yadedaily" system packages in Ubuntu 22.04.
I.e. you can just use the system package and you do not need to compile from source (if only MPI would be the reason for source compilation)

Cheers