Re: [Question #704099]: Packing of Medium Density

> NameError: name 'boxVolume' is not defined

it was meant to be already pre-computed value, like
boxVolume = width * depth * height

> And please help me with medium packing of spheres.

read this thread, help has already been given several times:
"Choose dense packaging first and go from there."
"One solution is e.g. to use randomDensePack with larger particles then desired and than make the particles smaller to desired size."
"probably you will have to develop your own approach"

> Following is the script for dense packing. I modify the gravity deposition tutorial. Suggest me the corrections if i am going wrong.
> PROBLEM STATEMENT- Find packing fraction of dense packing of spheres which deposits under gravity in a rectangular box.

It depends on the specific problem definitions.
It can be perfectly OK, or it can be pretty wrong, really depending on the definitions.
Like, should the initial packing be already dense? or it should be loose packing and made dense by the gravity deposition (more natural case IMO)?
Should it be one particle size, or rather various particle sizes?
... ?

Cheers