Re: [Question #703504]: Compilation and Running on HPC cluster -Centos 7

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
1) In Yade 20220429-6506~6b71c48~xenial1
20220429 stands for the day of production of that version of the package = April 29, 2022 and 6b71c48 stands for the git hash of the particular version of the source code behind that version.

I.e. https://gitlab.com/yade-
dev/trunk/-/commit/6b71c48c21e379e01536f9ac399b1b911ed946ef which came
out on April 25, a bit before package production.

If what you call as the "2022 version" is our official 2022 "release"
2022.01a from https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/releases which came
out mid-January 2022, the answer is no, you do have a more recent
version.

To have an even more recent version, you would need to update your
packages on the server at some point (then the question arrives for how
long we will build packages for the quite old Ubuntu 16 but I have no
idea about that)

2) I'm not sure I completely understood this part but I would say no,
using Yade is the same on a server or on a personal laptop from Yade
software point of view (from your server point of view, maybe there are
some specificities like job submission but this is not YADE-related)