Re: [Question #706151]: How to define and calculate impact force

> I am a newcomer to Yade

welcome :-)

> How to define and calculate impact force

You define it yourself (or based on same paper or theory or ...).
Then you calculate it according to this definition.

> I would like to know which impact force I should require when a
falling stone collides with a baffle

Option 3, interaction / contact force, makes most (actually the only)
sense here

> when a falling stone collides with a baffle

It looks like your understanding of this complex problem is not 100%.
In that case, make the problem (much) more simple and investigate it in detail to improve the understanding.
In this case, for example create one sphere and let it collide with two other spheres ("baffle").
In such scenario, you have just a few interactions and you can experiment and investigate easily in detail to see what is going on.
You can also set it in a way that you know the analytical / theoretical solution in advance and you can compare it to the simulation values.

> and is the output impact force the average impact force?

What is "output impact force"?
What is "average impact force"? Average over time? Average over impact area? ... ?

> Because when the impact occurs, the maximum impact force should be
calculated

should not be difficult once the problem is clear

> maximum impact force should be calculated, and if it is the average
impact force.

I did not get the meaning of this sentence, sorry, please try to explain it differently.
Anyway, in general maximum should not equal average (save very special cases).

Cheers