[Question #706218]: Microstrain for an assembly of clumps in direct shear test

Hi there,
I'm trying to export VTK of strains during a direct shear test on an assembly of clumps of spheres to no avail so far.  I've read the relevant micro-stress and micro-strain sections in the manual and also have tried some workarounds proposed in QAs.
I'm trying to visualize the localization (shear band) during the shearing phase FOR ALL SPHERES. What I have implemented is:

TW=TesselationWrapper()
TW.triangulate()
TW.computeVolumes()
TW.volume()
TW.setState(0)
step=0
while 1:
   stresses = bodyStressTensors()
   strains = [Matrix3(*[TW.deformation(b.id,i,j) for i in range(0,3) for j in range(0,3)]) for b in O.bodies]
   step +=1
   O.run(1000,True)
   TW.setState(1)
   TW.defToVtk("strain_"+str(step)+".vtk")

which does not work. I realize that this is not a proper approach for strain calculation of an assembly since I get the "triangualtion failed for body ..." in the command window and consequently paraview crashes displaying the results. Here, I need advice for getting strains for the clump assembly (if possible at all).
1- Is it necessary to explicitly extract the strain tensor like
strains = [Matrix3(*[TW.deformation(b.id,i,j) for i in range(0,3) for j in range(0,3)]) for b in O.bodies]????

Thanks so much