Re: [Question #706214]: Bonded Powder Simulation (Visco-Elastic BInder)

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

> New to yade

welcome :-)

> trying to model a bonded powder (grains), the binder should have visco-elastic properties.
> Is there a way to do it?

definitely there is a way. It depends on the definition of "the way" and expectations.
One possible way is to implement such model from the scratch..
One possible result is that even such model exists or is newly implemented, the results might not fit your requirements at all..

Why do you need DEM? Wouldn't e.g. a "continuum based" FEM better?

Could you provide more information about the the problem, i.e. material
(powder size, PSD, ...), simulation expectations (spatial and time
scales, ...)

> Another unrelated question

Please open a new question for an "unrelated question" ([1], point 5).
I think it could be interesting discussion, but it does not belong to this question.

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask