Re: [Question #699998]: How to simulate small-strain triaxial compression test

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
Hello,

please open a new question for a new problem [2], try not to continue in long-closed questions.
You can reference this conversation in the new question.

Quick response (to be continued in the new question :-)

>> young=5e6 # contact stiffness
> Many researchers adopt young=29e9 in their papers.

"Many researchers" is vague, please reference specific paper(s).
The stiffness values depends on actual material.
Also, Yade just counts numbers, without units, so 5e6 in one script and 29e9 in another can theoretically be the same physical property.

> However, the unbalanced force is nan and the mean stress is 0 all the
time whlie I modfy this using your code.

both symptoms suggest zero number of interactions.
Please check it.

>> Decrease TriaxialStressController.max_vel
> How much should TriaxialStressController.max_vel go down to?

It would pretty much depend on your needs and requirements, I doubt
there is one universal value..

Cheers
Jan

[2] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask