Re: [Question #706332]: Reduce or remove rebound after contact

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

please provide a MWE [1]. In this case:
- are "data", "df" and similar (and pandas in general) necessary to show your problem? If not, please remove them
- are the "tiny" particles, making the simulation "very slow", necessary? Wouldn't just two layers of largest particles be sufficient?

> Is it possible to only allows the particles to fall into the container
without bouncing out after contact ...

You can reduce the effect. Some options are:
- contact law damping
- numerical integrator damping
- using higher cylinder to prevent spheres bouncing out
- using "semi-permeable" wall, masked such that it does not contact with spheres going down, but does contact with those going up (preventing them to bounce out)
- ...
but IMO it is not possible (and even desirable) to remove "bouncing" completely

> but it didn't work as I expected it to

How did you expect it to work?

Cheers
Jan