Re: [Question #706553]: About simulating constant volume condition in a triaxial test

Leonard posted a new comment:
Hi Karol,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, the strainDamping is a good clue.

I add one line of code "triax.strainDamping=0.01" in the MWE and run the
simulation. I compare the results with the original MWE results whose
triax.strainDamping=0.99 by default. I found:

triax.strainDamping=0.99 gives ev=4.3e-4 at e22=0.4
triax.strainDamping=0.01 gives ev=2.2e-6 at e22=0.4, which is much close to zero.

This suggests that using a small strainDamping can make it close to a
perfect constant volume condition, although the stress-strain results
also change.

Thanks
Leonard