Re: [Question #706655]: triaxial test on soft rock

Luc Scholtès proposed the following answer:
Not sure I understand your statement "if I set the material being
Frictmaterial, the material of grains will not change before loading?"
so I will just add that the way the JCFPM model is written, the
equilibrium interparticle distance is defined from the first iteration
of the simulation as the sphere centre to sphere centre distance:

whatever the assembly you import into the simulation, it will be stress
free from the beginning of your simulation, before you apply any loading
to it.

You can thus choose any material to generate the assembly and decide of
a criterion to set your sample geometrical properties beforehand (e.g.,
a certain degree of compacity).

This possibility to consider stress free assemblies was introduced to
enable near neighbour interactions (create bonds between non contacting
particles). Please have a look at [1] for further details about this
feature.

[1]: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmps.2012.10.005