Re: [Question #706748]: Calculation in Marshall Mix Design

Jan Stránský requested more information:
> - I want to calculate the same thing but when it is still loose
pack(before being compress), can I just put the same calculation method
into unload plate section?

What is "the same thing"?
Method should be the same, values (e.g. "top") not all.

> Bulk mean both Sphere and Air

OK, now I am lost :-)
I would understand if spheres is bulk.
Or spheres represent air bubbles and the complement is bulk.
But bulk being "both Sphere and Air" sounds really unusually.

Brainstorming:

volume_packing ... volume of spheres

new_volume_cylinder ... total volume

new_bulk_volume = (new_volume_cylinder - volume_packing)
new_bulk_volume is volume of void space
So why is it called "bulk"?
I think this is the source of the problem..

new_bulk_density = (density * volume_packing) / new_bulk_volume
new_bulk_density = (mass of spheres) / (volume of void space)
What is the meaning of such quantity?

new_vma = (new_bulk_volume - volume_packing) * 100
What is VMA? "Voids in the Mineral Aggregate"? What is its proper definition?
Why (volume of void space) - (volume of spheres)?
Why * 100?

new_air_void = ((new_bulk_volume -volume_packing)/new_bulk_volume)*100
void ratio?
If so, it should be volume_void / volume_solid, i.e. using your variables:
new_bulk_volume / volume_packing

new_porosity = (new_volume_cylinder - volume_packing) / new_volume_cylinder
seems OK

Cheers