Re: [Question #706976]: Reconstruct particles from ct images

Ruidong LI is still having a problem:
Thanks for your reply, Karol.

>Are the particles somehow bonded (I mean grains in the sample)?
--What do you mean particles are bonded? The particles in a clump are bonded. But the particle surfaces (gts) are separated from each other with a small gap (one-pixel distance in the ct image).

>If not, I think that particles rearrange and change the height of the sample.
--Yes. I think so. The rearrangement of particle positions and gaps between clumps changed the height of the sample.

>If you want to adjust the size of the particles, you can expand spheres in the packing a little bit after generation.
--Yes, I have tried this method. I have increased the z-coordinates (the direction of height) of each point in the gts file by 1.2 times. But the result indicates that the height of the sample is still not insufficient. My target is 40mm, and the obtained one is 37.5mm (multiple 1.2 times in z coordinates). By doing so, the unbalanced force ratio always stands at a high level (>0.25).

Do you have any other recommendations?

Best
Kyle