Re: team lead meeting yellow notes

Hi Gary,

(coming to my backlog of email)

У чет, 28. 07 2011. у 09:14 -0400, Gary Poster пише:
> >> https://wiki.canonical.com/Launchpad/PolicyandProcess/ProductionChange
> > I am only worried that we are in no cold DB patches are possible until
> > "DBA writes some documentation", i.e. we are switching to an undefined
> > process.  In the old days, we would have kept the old process (and
> > docs), and made an "experiment" (or whatever) of the new one, thus
> > switching to it fully when it is fully ready.
>
> I could bring this up if you liked, but within Launchpad I think it's
> reasonable for you to go directly to Robert with this.

No, I think we can be reasonable about it, it's just that I hate
combining statements like "process from now on" and "we still haven't
figured this bit out".  It makes people uncertain rather than directing
them.  But maybe I am just overly pedantic.

> If they get the docs done by the time of what would have been the next downtime deploy, they would still arguably be meeting your description, with a month of fuzz in-between points of clarity. :-)

In my reading, we are abolishing monthly downtime deploys immediately.
("cold DB patch" seems to mean at most one DB patch and can be requested
at any time, except that we have no idea how should LOSAs roll them
out). I'll worry about it if/when it hits us (hopefully though, we'll
have no need for "cold DB patches" anyway).

Cheers,
Danilo