Re: Issue with our new testrepository package?

On 03/20/2012 10:30 AM, Francesco Banconi wrote:

> In our use case that's not a
> problem because subunit is installed by launchpad-dependencies,
> contained in launchpad-developer-dependencies.

I've seen that's not true, because "testr init" is called by buildbot in
the host, not inside the container.

The story:
- in the host:
  - our testrepository package is installed by setuplxc,
    and that's the new one because buildbot slave adds the yellow
    ppa to the host to install python-shell-toolbox
  - subunit is not installed
- in the container:
  - testrepository is not installed (and I guess that's ok because
    it's only called by buildbot)
  - subunit is installed by setuplxc as a dependency of
    launchpad-developer-dependencies

So I think we have 2 choices:
- let setuplxc install subunit too in the host (trivial!)
- change our testrepository recipe to use a custom packaging branch that
adds subunit as a dependency (trivial?)

If I am not wrong, the fix I committed yesterday (adding the yellow ppa
to the container) is useless because testrepository is not used inside
the lxc.
I will revert that and add subunit if that's our choice.

--
Francesco Banconi