Re: Orphaned tests for lxc-cleanup

On 03/30/12 15:10, Benji York wrote:
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Gary Poster<gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 03/30/12 14:02, Benji York wrote:

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Brad Crittenden
<brad.crittenden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>    wrote:

My first attempt to writing the lxc-cleanup script had it as a
stand-alone script and I wrote some basic unit tests for it.  Later
when I realized it had to be run as root, it was incorporated into
setuplxc.py and there was no place for the test to live.

There are a couple of scripts that are really just thin wrappers around
modules in the lp package (e.g., devscripts).  Perhaps we should follow
that model.

This is a bootstrapping script though--the lp tree isn't even there yet.

I'm confused.  I was talking about testing.  I was suggesting we use the
LP testing infrastructure to run the setuplxc tests too, instead of
loosing tests we've already written.

Ah!  Sorry for misunderstanding.

Given the current arrangement, we wouldn't be able to do that unless we first had the test run setuplxc to create the script that we then would test with the tests Brad provided. Sounds a bit tricky and nasty to me, and I'd prefer to keep our plans on lpsetup.

Gary