Re: Somewhat concerning output from running tests in data center

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all.  I'm gathering times for our test runs, and plan to be able to
> send out an email today with details.  While running them, I've seen a
> number of messages on the console that concern me a bit.  I don't think
> we see them in EC2 but will verify later today.  I saved one example in
> case anyone has any insights.
>
> Here's one output: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/990503/
>
> These could very well simply be expected test blather.  Lines 49-129
> seem to be largely about cvs integration tests.  We have a lot of log
> warnings ("No handlers could be found for logger ...") which we ought to
> get rid of but are not concerning otherwise.  But what about lines 133?

Thats the output from a translations script; it means there is a test
that isn't capturing the stdout/stderr of the script it runs.
(Capturing it for the whole test is done by some runners, but IME it
makes it very hard and fragile to work with - I advise against a
blanket fix here).

The memcache one may be due to e.g. memcache failing mid run, or
something - I've no specific advice/conclusions.

-Rob