Python 2.7 and parallel testing

Hi chaps - this email is going to ~yellow and all the good men of the
Blue Squad. Please remember to reply to all :).

We here sprinting in Eindhoven have started working today on getting
Launchpad into a python 2.7 / Precise-compatible state. To work out
what we actually needed to do, we ran the test suite on Precise.
Martin ran it linearly in Canonistack and I updated our buildbot-slave
charm to tell lpsetup to use precise.

The Parallel testing results were interesting to say the least.
Everything sets up correctly, and it was perfectly happy for me to
start a build. However, the build ran for ~40 minutes and then died
with a Twisted timeout error. It's as though the workers were
semi-communicating with the master but just not reporting any tests.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be? We might not need
worry too much about it just yet but once production is running on
Precise our LXC containers will need to as well, and it will become an
issue then.

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D
http://launchpad.net/~gmb