Re: New Tarmac instance

On 07/03/2012 12:41 PM, Graham Binns wrote:
> ... is up and running at 10.55.60.123. You should all be able to run
>
>  % ssh tarmac@10.55.60.123
>
> The tarmac log is in /home/tarmac/.config/tarmac/tarmac.log
>
> Once the canonistack dance was done, it was really straightforward to
> set up, so we should all take a crack at it at some point.

Awesome, thank you.

> What was the reason for not running our buildbot charms on
> Canonistack? Is it that the Juju/OpenStack story is particularly
> unreliable?

- juju and canonistack do (did?) not play well with one another because
the advertised machine names could not be resolved anywhere (including
in chinstrap).  I tried to approach this from the openstack/IS side with
no luck.  Others (Diogo, for one) have hacked juju dependencies instead.
 Anyway, not a clean story.

- the big canonistack machines are not big enough for us.

Gary