Re: Initial project structure, mostly testing. (issue 6850052)

FWIW, some of the raised points are addressed in a subsequent branch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~frankban/charms/precise/juju-gui/juju-gui/+merge/135213

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt
File README.txt (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode21
README.txt:21:
> Maybe better would be to .discover(os.path.dirname(__file__))

Yes, that's better.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode42
README.txt:42: autoreconf
> Before this I needed to sudo apt-get install libtool autoconf (and
maybe some
> other bits too)

Yes, good idea mentioning it too.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode43
README.txt:43: ./configure --prefix=/home/USER
> --prefix=$HOME is simpler

It can actually be any directory on $PATH, or left out if one is
comfortable with /usr/local. Whatever path is chosen, the subdirs bin/
and share/ will be created inside it, if not already there.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode46
README.txt:46:
>> Has anyone talked to Jim about packaging this into a PPA?

> It is supposed to land...sometime...

Yes, it should become part of Jitsu eventually.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode62
README.txt:62:
> You should mention the cwd must be the top of the charm, which is
unintuitive
> since you pass it as a parameter.

Good idea mentioning it too.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode69
README.txt:69:
> My lxc results were as follows.  They seem to show some unexpected
problems.
> Are they OK?  http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1371234/

The failure of collecting logs is a known problem, and we forgot making
the assertion succeed again. :-)

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/tests/test_addition.py
File tests/test_addition.py (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/tests/test_addition.py#newcode10
tests/test_addition.py:10:
> Passing or Unpassing?

Eh. We forgot to put the expected value back to 2. :-)

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~benji/charms/precise/juju-gui/second/+merge/134370
Your team Juju GUI Hackers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~benji/charms/precise/juju-gui/second into lp:~juju-gui/charms/precise/juju-gui/trunk.