Re: Initial project structure, mostly testing. (issue 6850052)

Looks good, thank you!  Maybe make the os.path change I mention, and
look at my logs and make sure they are healthy.

Otherwise approved.

Gary

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt
File README.txt (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode21
README.txt:21:
On 2012/11/19 18:57:34, bac wrote:
> This doesn't actually work as unit.test has '.discover('.') but is
being run
> from above.  Either unit.test should read '.discover('./tests') or it
should be
> run from within the tests directory.
Maybe better would be to .discover(os.path.dirname(__file__))

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode42
README.txt:42: autoreconf
Before this I needed to sudo apt-get install libtool autoconf (and maybe
some other bits too)

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode46
README.txt:46:
On 2012/11/19 18:57:34, bac wrote:
> Has anyone talked to Jim about packaging this into a PPA?

It is supposed to land...sometime...

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode69
README.txt:69:
On 2012/11/19 18:57:34, bac wrote:
> Ugh, I seem to have lxc issues since upgrading to Quantal, so I cannot
get it to
> start now.
If you want to pay, ec2 works, I think.

The unit tests seem to run in a separate machine, which is seems
unnecessarily annoying.  Not a huge deal, and maybe I'm misinterpreting:
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1371194/

Wow, running the tests is slow. :-/  I'd forgotten about this.

My lxc results were as follows.  They seem to show some unexpected
problems.  Are they OK?  http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1371234/

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/README.txt#newcode71
README.txt:71: "setup-environment" is an easy way to get started.
Maybe it would be worth mentioning that you might want to set your
default environment to lxc?

Maybe it would be worth mentioning that using an lxc environment
requires that you install the apt-cacher-ng and lxc packages?

Your call.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/tests/unit.test
File tests/unit.test (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/diff/1/tests/unit.test#newcode6
tests/unit.test:6:
sys.exit(unittest.TextTestRunner().run(unittest.TestLoader().discover('.')))
On 2012/11/19 18:57:34, bac wrote:
> See comment in README

Mine too :-)

https://codereview.appspot.com/6850052/

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~benji/charms/precise/juju-gui/second/+merge/134370
Your team Juju GUI Hackers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~benji/charms/precise/juju-gui/second into lp:~juju-gui/charms/precise/juju-gui/trunk.