zeitgeist team mailing list archive

Re: Zeitgeist hackfest in Bolzano 2009

Hi!

Vincent Untz schrieb:
>> the price per night in the hostel should be around 20-30 per night and
>> person. patrick, could you tell us more about the actual costs?
>
> (would be nice to know more about the costs there :-))

I am sorry for the late message.

The hostel has given us the following option:

"Until the 30th August 2009 at the Youth Hostel of Bolzano are booked 11
quadruple rooms with bathroom at a cost of 19,50 Euro per person and
day. The prices include breakfast and bedding. For arrivals after 6.30
pm it is demanded to advise the Youth Hostel. Rental for towels: 1,00
Euro/towel"

Who was at the hostel last year knows the standard is very high for
hostels. So it is comparable to a medium Hotel, except the fact you
share a room with others.

It would be good to have a list of participants till the end of the
month, so we can block the rooms with this option.

>> i hope, that we are able to create a wonderful hackfest, which could
>> really help a lot making gnome 3.0 a rocking release.
>
> So, assuming that the accomodation costs are not too high, we'll approve
> the hackfest. We're already contacting some potential sponsors to cover
> the costs of the event!

That's very good news!

> Daniel, so what are the next steps? Do you need anything from us?

The most important step is to provide a list of participants.

Second is to promote the event. That means create a dedicated wiki entry
on Gnome site and start promoting it.

We will than link to the dedicated event web site from our
FreeSoftwareWeek.org site.

Best
Patrick