zeitgeist team mailing list archive

Re: [travel] Zeitgeist hackfest in Bolzano (Italy)

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 22:39 +0200, daniel g. siegel wrote:
> On Di, 2009-09-01 at 14:50 -0400, Germán Póo-Caamaño wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 20:01 +0200, daniel g. siegel wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Also, the accommodation will cost $19,5 person/night. And you are asking
> > for 6 night of lodge for 13 people.   Am I right?
>
> quite. the hackfest starts on monday, 9th november, so most people
> arrive on sunday. the hackfest ends with the conference on friday, which
> means, that people depart on friday or saturday. so at maximum 6 nights,
> for some people maybe 5.

When would you know who will need 6 or 5 nights of accommodation?

> federico wanted to have a separate room for himself and his family. i
> honestly do not know the status of that request at the moment.

I see two alternatives here:

     1. Everybody pay the accommodation by themselves, and then we
        proceed with the reimbursement.  Everybody must sent a copy of
        the receipts (tickets, hostal) and information to do the payment
        (bank account, paypal), wait for the reimbursement.  No problem
        with Federico here.
     2. We pay the hostel (in fact, Rosanna :-).  We can pay it as soon
        as we receive an invoice from the hostal.  In the particular
        case of Federico, we can pay the hostal for him and his family,
        and subtract the money from his travel sponsorship to cover the
        difference.

In the first case, the reimbursement will start after the hackfest takes
place.  In the second one, we would need to clarify the names, days,
rooms, etc. to match it with the sponsorship.

So, you should discuss it and then, let us know which one it is better
for you and give us the details.

Kind regards,

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño