Re: Zim 0.25 released

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Just uploaded zim 0.25 to the server. This is a bug fix and translation
> release. Thanks to everyone forreporting bugs and updating the
> translations Changes since 0.24 :

Great, two small details to fix that are reported by lintian:

The first requires some POD fixes in Zim::GUI::TODOListDialog (just make sure
to add a dash followed by a short description after the module name in the NAME
section):

W: zim: manpage-has-bad-whatis-entry usr/share/man/man3/Zim::GUI::TODOListDialog.3pm.gz
N:
N:   Each manual page should start with a `NAME' section, which lists the
N:   name and a brief description of the page seperated by '\-'. These
N:   sections are parsed by `mandb' and stored in a database for the use of
N:   `apropos' and `whatis', so they must be in a certain format. This
N:   manual page apparently uses the wrong format and cannot be parsed by
N:   `mandb'.
N:
N:   For information on how `NAME' sections should be written see
N:   lexgrog(1). See also groff_man(7) and groff_mdoc(7) for general
N:   information on writing manual pages.
N:

The second simply recommends to remove the Encoding line in the .desktop file.

I: zim: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/zim.desktop:3 Encoding
N:
N:   The Encoding key is now deprecated by the FreeDesktop standard and all
N:   strings are required to be encoded in UTF-8. This desktop entry
N:   explicitly specifies an Encoding of UTF-8, which is harmless but no
N:   longer necessary.
N:
N:   Refer to
N:   http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/1.0/apc.html for
N:   details.
N:

And last point, have you looked into http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=481027 ?
It reports some upgrading issues... it concerns in particular notebooks which
had a space in their name. In ~/.config/zim/notebooks.list, the spaces have to
be escaped (since the space is the separator) but they are not when you have an
old notebook around...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog