Re: Zim release 0.28

2009/2/1 Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> All,
>
> Since we have a number of bug fixes in the source tree I'm planning to
> release a 0.28 version of zim in the next 1 to 2 weeks.
>
> I'm working on the bug for building with Module::Build 0.3 - will patch that
> before releases. If anyone has some critical bug that needs fixing before
> release, this would be the time to let me know.
>
> In other news: the development on the python port is progressing steadily.
> Estimating that it will be until summer before the python port will replace
> the perl release. Hope to have a first release candidate will be out in a
> month or two.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Jaap

My two biggest usability issues with Zim are these:

Add "notebooks" menu to switch between notebooks
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/305650

Dialogs should remember previous size
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/227160

The second one (dialogs) is especially important in the OpenNotebook
dialog. That is the only place where I regularly find myself cursing
Zim! If it cannot be easily done that the OpenNotebook dialog will
remember it's previous size, then please either make the default size
bigger (like, twice as big) or configurable. These two changes alone
would warrant a new release, they would be that helpful.

Thanks, Jaap! I'm your biggest fan!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü