Re: Let's ride the anti-tomboy wave!

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 16:10, Dotan Cohen<dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> * tomboy doesn't have any feature that zim hasn't (ok, it has one: you
>> can choose text size)

Just now noticed an important one: tomboy automatically turns any text
that is a name of a note into a link!  This removes some flexibility
but makes linking much simpler to understand and easier to manage.
Could we have it in Zim?

>> * zim has a lot of useful features that tomboy hasn't (subfolders,
>> backlinks, an equation editor, a calendar, a TODO list, embedded images,
>> screen captures, version control)
>>
> I will try to mention those on Tomboy discussions, of which there are many.

The most important one to me: Zim stores your text in plain files with
simple format!  Tomboy uses XML (a rather clean one) and the files are
named like "99de74ca-b790-4094-bbbf-a254cbbadec1.note".

--
Beni <cben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>