Re: [Fwd: Re: Pyzim alpha 2 released]

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:17 AM, Jeffrey Liu<jliu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Forgive me as I'm not a programmer.  I don't know what else I can do
> to debug this issue.
>  File "/Users/jliu/gtk/inst/lib/python2.5/site-packages/zim/gui/__init__.py",
> line 189, in __init__
>    icon = data_file('zim.png').path
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'path'

If you check out the latest version from launchpad, it will have a
check for the data path. If it can not find the data files it will
give you the path it searched. If you don't have it already you can
check out the dev tree with "bzr branch lp:zim/pyzim".

In theory it should work if the correct path is in the XDG_DATA_DIRS
environment variable.

So if you installed the icon "zim.png" to
"/Users/jliu/gtk/inst/share/zim/zim.png" the path
"/Users/jliu/gtk/inst/share" should be in XDG_DATA_DIRS.

Hope this helps,