Re: Editing ikiwiki pages with zim ?

2009/10/6 Ralph Mayer <rmayer@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> > No, but the same idea came to my mind a few days ago :)
>> >
>> > Would be a great combination.
>>
>> Why not asciidoc? Also supports blogging. A side effect is a full
>> docbook backend support and also some nice html features of asciidoc
>> itself.
>
> There was some discussion on integrating asciidoc to ikiwiki
> http://ikiwiki.info/users/KarlMW/discussion/
>
> Not sure about the current state ...

Had a look at the page and except for being a year and a half old, not
really much said....

I had generally a bigger problem with understanding where ikiwiki
defines itself. It looks much like what wikis looked like when they
first came. Maybe it is feature loaded without me really understanding
it.

I was really thinking of replacing the current markup language used in
zim with that of asciidoc. Depending on how pages are set up, a user
would be able to send individual pages to blogs. Other parts of the
zim workbook could contain documentation that sooner or later would
end up on paper or any other format that docbook support. Maybe it
could be defined in a plugin what markup language should be used as
storage format. I'm just throwing a ball, not really expecting anybody
to pick it up. I see great potential in pyzim, I just have to wait for
it to get stable enough to hack it......

--
Svenn