Re: Editing ikiwiki pages with zim ?

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 06:22:14PM +0200, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:

> >> Why not asciidoc? Also supports blogging. A side effect is a full
> >> docbook backend support and also some nice html features of asciidoc
> >> itself.
> >
> > There was some discussion on integrating asciidoc to ikiwiki
> > http://ikiwiki.info/users/KarlMW/discussion/
> >
> > Not sure about the current state ...
>
> Had a look at the page and except for being a year and a half old, not
> really much said....
>
> I had generally a bigger problem with understanding where ikiwiki
> defines itself. It looks much like what wikis looked like when they
> first came. Maybe it is feature loaded without me really understanding
> it.
>
> I was really thinking of replacing the current markup language used in
> zim with that of asciidoc. Depending on how pages are set up, a user
> would be able to send individual pages to blogs. Other parts of the
> zim workbook could contain documentation that sooner or later would
> end up on paper or any other format that docbook support. Maybe it
> could be defined in a plugin what markup language should be used as
> storage format. I'm just throwing a ball, not really expecting anybody
> to pick it up. I see great potential in pyzim, I just have to wait for
> it to get stable enough to hack it......

ikiwiki is more a compiler than a wiki.

What does that mean? :)

ikiwiki relies on git. As you check in you files, the html code is created.
So, while your offline on the road, you can write your text/blogartikles.
When at home, just check in and your website is created.
You can activate the cgi part to edit stuff online, these changes also
end up in your git-repository.

rm