Re: Zim 0.28 released!

I know this thread is old, but I just got around to it.

2009/2/20 Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I found this text in the installer:
>> "Zim is a WYSIWYG text editor."
>>
>> I don't think that "text editor" is what Zim is today. Would you like
>> me to reword that whole introductory paragraph?
>
> When I wrote that paragraph I tried to explain the idea of what zim
> does without using to much buzz words. In heart it is a text editor,
> just a fancy one ;)
>
> But yeah, probably these pages can use an update since zim has evolved
> a bit over time and the target audience moved from a small group of
> techies to a more general user group.
>
> Let me know your suggestions for improvement.

How about this:
"""A Desktop Wiki
Zim brings the concept of a wiki to your desktop. Store information,
link pages, WYSISYG markup. Creating a new page is as easy as linking
to a non-existing page. This tool is intended to keep track of TODO
lists or serve as a personal scratch book.
"""

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com