Re: 1:1 vs. piped links

I vote for the second option: text is just a label.
The first option is in my opinion very limited restrictive.

The magic can still be there, all of it, if zim goes for the the
second option. IMHO it should be up to the user to choose whatever
behavior the GUI should have. AFAIK, there isn't a single benefit of
'text is the link' that would be impossible to implement with 'text is
just a label'.

This should be discussed with caution. User interaction should be
carefully distinguished from the markup used to store the data. I
believe that what we all want is the ability of having powerful
features without cluttering a simple user experience. We don't want a
too simplistic approach to limit the potential of zim, nor a too
bloated approach to make zim too complicated and therefore less
productive. That being said, i think we should focus the discussion on
this: Does 'link is just a label' introduces undesirable clutter or
does it still allows a simple user experience?
In my opinion the answer is: Not necessarly.

DokuWiki for example has both options:
[[Link Target]] <---- simple link
[[Link Target|Click here]]  <---- link with a label

This is jsut a possibility, since zim comes with a a GUI rather than
being markup-centered, all the links could have the latest format,
being up to the user to choose if any part of it should be
automagically filled.

Like Beni, I am also looking forward to see more opinions.

Cheers
Pedro