Re: Online storage

El día Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:18:14 +0000, Pedro <pedro100@xxxxxxxxx> escribía:

> There's a page called IMAPstorage on the 'HACKING' notebook. Personally i
> think possibilities are endless as there are countless ways of storing data
> online. The simplest that comes to my mind is using FTP. But I am sceptical
> about this, won't this be a bit slow?

	WRT to IMAPstorage, I would say that yes, it's slow for most files.
But being Zim pages usually small and text only, maybe it's not so slow. It'd
be like using emails as reminders.

	Anyway, take all this with a grain of salt. My only experience with
something akin to IMAPstorage was gmailfs, and it was indeed slow. I'm just
saying that maybe the implementation of Zim and the nature of its pages makes
it somewhat more bearable.

	Someone should program a FUSE filesystem based on rsync+ssh. That
would be a nifty online storage :-)

--
        Roberto Suarez Soto                             Allenta Consulting
        robe@xxxxxxxxxxx                                   www.allenta.com