Re: Separated window

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:01 AM, George De Bruin <sndchaser@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Personally, I was kind of wishing for a "split window" so I could have the
> two documents opened in the same window to avoid window clutter...but that
> was just my first thought, and based on the fact that I like to use screen
> for running multiple terminal apps in a single window. :)
>

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:47 AM, 노정태 <basil83@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> But there is a problem. I can't open a page as a separated window. So I
>> can't see 2 or 3 scraps at one time.
>>
>> Can anybody know how to open a page as a separated window?

In there current version there is no possibility to see multiple pages at
once. But this seems to be a recurring request, so maybe we should look into
it.

Both separate windows and split window could be implemented in python
branch. Would need some suggestions for how the UI should look then. E.g.
should a page in a separate page have navigation controls and a side pane ?
(I propose not.) What happens when I navigate to a page that is already open
? (I propose both windows can edit the page in parallel - so changes in one
window show up in the other as well..)

Any ideas? Bonus points for mockups or drawings.

-- Jaap