Re: mercurial/git support

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Ronny Pfannschmidt
<Ronny.Pfannschmidt@xxxxxx> wrote:
> i just stumbled on zim and my first impression is, that i like it
>
> however the vcs of my choice (mercurial) as well as git aren't supported

There is a branch in launchpad with work on Git support. I don't know
the status, but it looks like working code. If you are interested you
could check it out and feedback to the maintainer of that branch.

> as vcs abstraction is a nasty topic,
> i'd like to sugest using my library anyvc
> http://bitbucket.org/RonnyPfannschmidt/anyvc/overview/
>
> its currently still in flux and i plan a new release a bit after my
> exams mid february
> (which is also the starting point for taking a look at using anyvc in
> zim myself)

If we can leverage existing code to add multiple VCS backends at once
that is a good thing. I guess you are the most qualified to check what
is needed to make this happen. Feel free to contact me directly if you
have questions about implementation details of the VCS plugin.