Re: Handling of underscores in page titles

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Svenn Are Bjerkem
<svenn.bjerkem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> how do I solve the following problem:
> I want to create a page called "Document ver_info register", but this
> show up as "Document ver info register" in the Page sidebar. In the
> current style for Page titles, they are underlined, so I don't see it
> there, but if I pull in a link to the page by dragging and dropping
> from the side bar, the wanted underscore is missing.

I'm afraid this is a kind of corner case that zim can not support in
the way you intended.

> I guess it is difficult to persuade zim to accept underscore as space
> in some places and underscore as underscore in other places. It does
> somehow look strange to me when a link is divided in the middle by a
> physical space. That make it look like two links next to each other. A
> matter of personal taste, I think. After working years with wikis
> replacing spaces with underscores, it is kind of hard to adapt to the
> other way around. Specially when the underscore is really a part of
> the symbol I want to write.

For zim internally spaces and underscores are equivalent. You can type
a link with underscores in it and it will link to the same page. The
GUI prefers spaces because I think this is the correct thing in most
cases.

Background of this equivalence is that I found that having spaces in
file names is troublesome when you use various unix commandline tools.
So the file names contain an underscore.