Re: Updates for "Quick Note" dialog (was "Create Note")

On 7 July 2010 00:11, Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just updated the "Quick Note" plugin (this was called "Create Note"
> before, but renamed to better cover the functionality). The dialog now
> lets you choose to either create a new page for each note (appending a
> number to the page name if the page already existed) or to append all
> notes to the same page. Also the dialog now supports a customizable
> template with a timestamp etc. The plugin can be called directly from
> the commandline (useful for global desktop keybindings) and is also
> shown in the trayicon menu.
>
> Some testing of these changes would be appreciated.

Thanks, I'm building from bzr now. I am getting these errors:

ERROR: Test loading plugins and meta data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dotancohen/code/zim/tests/plugins.py", line 22, in runTest
    plugin = zim.plugins.get_plugin(name)
  File "/home/dotancohen/code/zim/zim/plugins/__init__.py", line 31,
in get_plugin
    mod = get_plugin_module(pluginname)
  File "/home/dotancohen/code/zim/zim/plugins/__init__.py", line 23,
in get_plugin_module
    mod = __import__('zim.plugins.'+pluginname)
ImportError: No module named createnote

FAIL: Test parsing dates
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dotancohen/code/zim/tests/parsing.py", line 25, in testParseDate
    self.assertEqual(parse_date('1/1'), (today.year, 1, 1))
AssertionError: (2011, 1, 1) != (2010, 1, 1)

Ran 101 tests in 13.392s

FAILED (failures=1, errors=1)

>From where can I get the createnote module? What should I do about the
second error?

> In related news there is also a firefox plugin under development which
> will use this dialog. Anyone feel like testing early versions should
> check out Micheal's work at https://launchpad.net/zimcapture/

Testing it now, I found some issues. I'll let Micheal know. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com