Re: Mac port work

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Tobias Weber <towb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 21.07.2010, at 11:23, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
>
>> Have a look at the website there are instruction on how to get zim work using mac ports.
>
> I was not referring to the MacPorts project. I don't use it because I want native Gtk without X11.

Ok, last time I checked it was quite a pain to compile. If you have
some tips / instructions on how to get this stack to work I would be
happy to add that to the website.

>> Zim should definitely be able to work without desktop entry files.
>
> It cannot save preferences when no file browser is selected, for example.
>
>> In fact I run it daily on windows without any XDG support.
>
> Windows is special-cased in the source and uses os.startfile, which is not available on OS X.

Hmm, didn't think of that. I think mac has a generic "open" command
isn't it? If you add a desktop file for that to share/zim/applications
it should work (similar to the one we have there for xdg-open). Those
desktop files are zim specific, so no need for generic XDG support on
mac for this.

If you open a bug report for this I'll make sure it gets fixed.