Re: Zim Windows installer ready for release 0.48

(Dammit! I'm sending this again because I sent it the first time only to
Jaap. Why doesn't Gmail default to reply-all when the message is from a
list?!)

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Jaap Karssenberg <
jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Brendan Kidwell <snarf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Bah!
> >
> > The NSIS setup builder script doesn't work. A new error cropped up;
> > additional files are missing from the setup package or something. The
> > "build" output does work correctly when using the developer's system-wide
> > installed GTK.
> > Please execute this merge and stay tuned for more changes.
>

> Let me know if I can do anything to help you get the installer working
> again - would like to push some windows users to the latest version.

I quietly made a change on my web site at <
http://www.glump.net/software/zim > saying Ipromise to get it fixed by the
end of the month. I really want to get it done.

If you Jaap or anyone else wants to pitch in now, go right ahead. I probably
can't work on it until Friday night. :^)

If you try to help, read README-BUILD-win32.txt and do what it says; the
failure occurs on the last line.

As I said earlier, the build_win32.py works fine and you can run the
'compiled' result of that script, inside the project folder, with your
global GTK runtime's folders still in your $PATH. The build script for the
INSTALLER, create-zim-setup.nsi, currently doesn't include everything you
need to run Zim. I suspect there's a part of GTK that's needed now and
wasn't an issue in 0.46.

That's where we stand. Should be solvable.

Brendan Kidwell