Re: Questions about Wiki markup and its Parser

Hello everyone,

in my opinion moving the markup and it's lexer/parser to something generic and future-proof is a very good idea. It could (and should) be the first step to make zim markup compatible with some widespread markup syntax like markdown or restructured text...
In my opinion this step (standard markup syntax) should be taken even if it means breaking compatibility with the old syntax! a converter could be create to ease the transition...
It should not break the WYSIWYG editor capabilities of zim, however...

Best Regards
Michael