zim-wiki team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: new wiki syntax: better way to implement in Zim ?
I experimented with replacing zim's Parsetree with docutils.document
The docutils/reStructueredText approach looks quite promising:
- the code looks well structured
- and its documented
- there are writers for different formats. (latex, odt,...)
- positive side effect: parsers/writers for new formats could expand the
docutils code base
but a lot of work:
- I could not find a (working) rst writer !?
- for compatibility it's necessary to write a docusils parser for zim
- maybe expand zim to support all rst markup features