Re: writing plugins

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Alessandro Magni <magni@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But any code I use inside it returns a "Looks like you found a bug" window,
> telling me "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'basename' "

What you want to do is run zim with "zim -D" from a terminal, when the
error happens it will spit out a stack trace that shows the exact line
in the code were it goes wrong. On that line there is some parameter
that is None but should probably contain a file object. Work back from
that line to where that file should come from.

(Btw. latest dev version / next release this stack trace will also be
shown in the "you found a bug" dialog directly to make it a bit
easier.)

Hope this helps,