Re: Minimum Gtk version to support in zim

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:19 AM, <smu@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hope so, but I am not sure. And it is no longer possible to search the
> package archive for jaunty packages.

MHO is that the design of new versions of software should not be restricted
by operating system versions that are no longer supported. Older OSs can run
older versions of the software (Zim in this case).

When it is FOSS operating systems, there are less and weaker reasons not to
upgrade them, or at least upgrade some of their components. Jaunty is not
even LTS (long term support), so I don't see why stick to it.

Yours is a particular case. I wonder how common it is.

BTW, I'm running Maverick, and, from what I've seen so far, I will probably
be skipping Natty. It seems that my old (yet sufficient for my work)
hardware is not up to it.

--
Juancarlo *Añez*